The general objective of the project is to show that the use of renewable energy in the farming sector and rural industries is viable from a technical, environmental and economic perspective, using the wine industry as an example. In addition, the project aims to promote the regular use of these sustainable practices.
- Systematise information on renewable resources and energy demands and identify key parameters to facilitate its future use.
- Develop a viability assessment computer application for use in agriculture.
- Develop a computer application for technical designs that overcomes the limitations of current methods.
- Demonstrate and validate the results/actions of the project in the wine industry using agricultural (vine) and manufacturing (winery) renewable energy system prototypes.
- Widely disseminate the project and the results.